Re: [RLC-Action] FW: Let's help Dr. Mary Ruwart reach Amazon bestseller list!

  • Chuck Seberg
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 11, 2005
      I believe current eligibility for RLC is to be registered as a Republican.  This can be easily verified by a state secretary.  But what I do in my spare time to support other groups is irrelevant, and really none of the RLC's business.

      And as recently discussed on this list, RLC is outside of the Republican family of organizations.  We can't call ourselves Republicans by virtue of our membership in RLC.  But joining your local Republican organization would certainly provide the bona fides if you're worried about that sort of thing.

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 12, 2005
        Actually, I believe that you can only be an Associate Member if you're not
        registered Republican.

        Adam

        "Yes, I do have questions.  I get to ask them BECAUSE I'M FREE!"
           -- "Bumper of My SUV," Chely Wright

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 13, 2005
          With your help, "Healing Our World" has now reached #5 in nonfiction and #22
          overall. Nice!

          Jeff Palmer - jap@...
          ***
          Quote of the Week: “Bush has no right to say 'Trust me.' He was elected to
          represent the American people, not to be dictator for eight years.” — Ann
          Coulter, October 5, 2005

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 19, 2005
            Ruwart is a true libertarian of the sort that can be a great asset to
            the RLC and educating our fellow Republicans about our philosophy.

            Jeff, as you know, in Florida we have been regularly providing
            libertarian speakers to mainstream GOP clubs, providing an RLCer also
            to perform the introduction (and plug the RLC). We have used Bob
            Poole of Reason, Bob McClure of the James Madison Institute, Carlos
            Ball, Bob Burg and many others. See www.rlcfl.org.

            Ruwart would be perfect, if she would do it. Maybe she'd do a 'what
            is libertarianism' primer or pick an issue that she likes to speak on.

            All you have to do to set up such a gig is to call a GOP club (get
            the numbers from county GOP websites); introduce yourself as an
            activist with the RLC, a libertarian Republican group; offer the
            speaker and set a date. After they commit, tell them you would be
            happy to provide someone to introduce the speaker -- no one here has
            ever refused this offer.

            This is easy and effective outreach. I set these up on the other side
            of the state and don't even attend them sometimes. Priot to te talk,
            I like to send a mailing to prospects in the area inviting them to
            attend but also to join the RLC. This is where a lot of our new
            membership comes from.

            We have a new member Jerry Cameron who is a former police chief who
            is well connected with the GOP in North Florida who wants to start
            speaking at GOP clubs about drug legalization.

            -- Philip Blumel