Re: [RLC-Action] FW: Let's help Dr. Mary Ruwart reach Amazon bestseller list!

  • John Pankratz
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 11, 2005
      I don't know about her. Maybe I'm misinformed, but my impression was
      that she was a little too new-agey for wide appeal to the general
      conservative public.

      At any rate, she has a long way to go to make this book a best seller. I
      just checked Amazon and they don't even have it available from regular
      stock, only available from 3rd parties as "used and new" starting at
      $2.20 used. It is shown as number 556,317 in sales at Amazon.

      I'm sure she's a very nice lady and faithful to the RLC, but if the book
      isn't even listed as being available from Amazon itself, how can we
      possibly even get her credit for sales let alone qualify for the
      "$150.00 bonus?"

      --
      I support liberty by logical necessity because I'm a Christian.

      http://www.theadvocates.org/christian/thies.html

    • Chuck Seberg
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 11, 2005
        I believe current eligibility for RLC is to be registered as a Republican.  This can be easily verified by a state secretary.  But what I do in my spare time to support other groups is irrelevant, and really none of the RLC's business.

        And as recently discussed on this list, RLC is outside of the Republican family of organizations.  We can't call ourselves Republicans by virtue of our membership in RLC.  But joining your local Republican organization would certainly provide the bona fides if you're worried about that sort of thing.

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 12, 2005
          Actually, I believe that you can only be an Associate Member if you're not
          registered Republican.

          Adam

          "Yes, I do have questions.  I get to ask them BECAUSE I'M FREE!"
             -- "Bumper of My SUV," Chely Wright

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 13, 2005
            With your help, "Healing Our World" has now reached #5 in nonfiction and #22
            overall. Nice!

            Jeff Palmer - jap@...
            ***
            Quote of the Week: “Bush has no right to say 'Trust me.' He was elected to
            represent the American people, not to be dictator for eight years.” — Ann
            Coulter, October 5, 2005

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 19, 2005
              Ruwart is a true libertarian of the sort that can be a great asset to
              the RLC and educating our fellow Republicans about our philosophy.

              Jeff, as you know, in Florida we have been regularly providing
              libertarian speakers to mainstream GOP clubs, providing an RLCer also
              to perform the introduction (and plug the RLC). We have used Bob
              Poole of Reason, Bob McClure of the James Madison Institute, Carlos
              Ball, Bob Burg and many others. See www.rlcfl.org.

              Ruwart would be perfect, if she would do it. Maybe she'd do a 'what
              is libertarianism' primer or pick an issue that she likes to speak on.

              All you have to do to set up such a gig is to call a GOP club (get
              the numbers from county GOP websites); introduce yourself as an
              activist with the RLC, a libertarian Republican group; offer the
              speaker and set a date. After they commit, tell them you would be
              happy to provide someone to introduce the speaker -- no one here has
              ever refused this offer.

              This is easy and effective outreach. I set these up on the other side
              of the state and don't even attend them sometimes. Priot to te talk,
              I like to send a mailing to prospects in the area inviting them to
              attend but also to join the RLC. This is where a lot of our new
              membership comes from.

              We have a new member Jerry Cameron who is a former police chief who
              is well connected with the GOP in North Florida who wants to start
              speaking at GOP clubs about drug legalization.

              -- Philip Blumel