RE: [RLC-Action] FW: Let's help Dr. Mary Ruwart reach Amazon bestseller list!

  • Adam J Bernay
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 11, 2005
      She's a member? I was under the impression she was registered LP.

      Adam

      "Yes, I do have questions. I get to ask them BECAUSE I'M FREE!"
      -- "Bumper of My SUV," Chely Wright
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 11, 2005
        You can be an LP member and an RLC member at the same time, you just can't be an officer with the RLC if you're anything else than a Republican.

        On 10/11/05, Adam J Bernay <Republican-Liberty@...> wrote:
        She's a member?  I was under the impression she was registered LP.

        Adam
      • John Pankratz
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 11, 2005
          I don't know about her. Maybe I'm misinformed, but my impression was
          that she was a little too new-agey for wide appeal to the general
          conservative public.

          At any rate, she has a long way to go to make this book a best seller. I
          just checked Amazon and they don't even have it available from regular
          stock, only available from 3rd parties as "used and new" starting at
          $2.20 used. It is shown as number 556,317 in sales at Amazon.

          I'm sure she's a very nice lady and faithful to the RLC, but if the book
          isn't even listed as being available from Amazon itself, how can we
          possibly even get her credit for sales let alone qualify for the
          "$150.00 bonus?"

          --
          I support liberty by logical necessity because I'm a Christian.

          http://www.theadvocates.org/christian/thies.html

        • Chuck Seberg

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 12, 2005
              Actually, I believe that you can only be an Associate Member if you're not
              registered Republican.

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 13, 2005
                With your help, "Healing Our World" has now reached #5 in nonfiction and #22
                overall. Nice!

                Jeff Palmer - jap@...
                ***
                Quote of the Week: “Bush has no right to say 'Trust me.' He was elected to
                represent the American people, not to be dictator for eight years.” — Ann

                * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
[...]

              • Philip Blumel
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 19, 2005
                  Ruwart is a true libertarian of the sort that can be a great asset to
                  the RLC and educating our fellow Republicans about our philosophy.

                  Jeff, as you know, in Florida we have been regularly providing
                  libertarian speakers to mainstream GOP clubs, providing an RLCer also
                  to perform the introduction (and plug the RLC). We have used Bob
                  Poole of Reason, Bob McClure of the James Madison Institute, Carlos
                  Ball, Bob Burg and many others. See www.rlcfl.org.

                  Ruwart would be perfect, if she would do it. Maybe she'd do a 'what
                  is libertarianism' primer or pick an issue that she likes to speak on.

                  All you have to do to set up such a gig is to call a GOP club (get
                  the numbers from county GOP websites); introduce yourself as an
                  activist with the RLC, a libertarian Republican group; offer the
                  speaker and set a date. After they commit, tell them you would be
                  happy to provide someone to introduce the speaker -- no one here has
                  ever refused this offer.

                  This is easy and effective outreach. I set these up on the other side
                  of the state and don't even attend them sometimes. Priot to te talk,
                  I like to send a mailing to prospects in the area inviting them to
                  attend but also to join the RLC. This is where a lot of our new
                  membership comes from.

                  We have a new member Jerry Cameron who is a former police chief who
                  is well connected with the GOP in North Florida who wants to start
                  speaking at GOP clubs about drug legalization.

                  -- Philip Blumel