FW: Let's help Dr. Mary Ruwart reach Amazon bestseller list!

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 11, 2005
      Mary Ruwart is a member of the North Carolina RLC. A great book, a great
      $150 incentive, AND a great chance to "promote the cause"... All while
      helping out a great RLCer... What more could you ask??

      Jeff Palmer - jap@...
      ***
      Quote of the Week: “As the governor of a state that has been hit by seven
      hurricanes and two tropical storms in the past 13 months, I can say with
      certainty that federalizing emergency response to catastrophic events would
      be a disaster as bad as Hurricane Katrina.” — Gov. Jeb Bush, Wall Street
      Journal, September 2005

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 11, 2005
        She's a member? I was under the impression she was registered LP.

        Adam

        "Yes, I do have questions. I get to ask them BECAUSE I'M FREE!"
        -- "Bumper of My SUV," Chely Wright

        * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • David Briggman
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 11, 2005
          You can be an LP member and an RLC member at the same time, you just can't be an officer with the RLC if you're anything else than a Republican.

          On 10/11/05, Adam J Bernay <Republican-Liberty@...> wrote:
          She's a member?  I was under the impression she was registered LP.

          Adam
        • John Pankratz
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 11, 2005
            I don't know about her. Maybe I'm misinformed, but my impression was
            that she was a little too new-agey for wide appeal to the general
            conservative public.

            At any rate, she has a long way to go to make this book a best seller. I
            just checked Amazon and they don't even have it available from regular
            stock, only available from 3rd parties as "used and new" starting at
            $2.20 used. It is shown as number 556,317 in sales at Amazon.

            I'm sure she's a very nice lady and faithful to the RLC, but if the book
            isn't even listed as being available from Amazon itself, how can we
            possibly even get her credit for sales let alone qualify for the
            "$150.00 bonus?"

            --
            I support liberty by logical necessity because I'm a Christian.

            http://www.theadvocates.org/christian/thies.html

          • Chuck Seberg

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 12, 2005
                Actually, I believe that you can only be an Associate Member if you're not
                registered Republican.

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 13, 2005
                  With your help, "Healing Our World" has now reached #5 in nonfiction and #22
                  overall. Nice!

                  Jeff Palmer - jap@...
                  ***
                  Quote of the Week: “Bush has no right to say 'Trust me.' He was elected to
                  represent the American people, not to be dictator for eight years.” — Ann

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 19, 2005
                    Ruwart is a true libertarian of the sort that can be a great asset to
                    the RLC and educating our fellow Republicans about our philosophy.

                    Jeff, as you know, in Florida we have been regularly providing
                    libertarian speakers to mainstream GOP clubs, providing an RLCer also
                    to perform the introduction (and plug the RLC). We have used Bob
                    Poole of Reason, Bob McClure of the James Madison Institute, Carlos
                    Ball, Bob Burg and many others. See www.rlcfl.org.

                    Ruwart would be perfect, if she would do it. Maybe she'd do a 'what
                    is libertarianism' primer or pick an issue that she likes to speak on.

                    All you have to do to set up such a gig is to call a GOP club (get
                    the numbers from county GOP websites); introduce yourself as an
                    activist with the RLC, a libertarian Republican group; offer the
                    speaker and set a date. After they commit, tell them you would be
                    happy to provide someone to introduce the speaker -- no one here has
                    ever refused this offer.

                    This is easy and effective outreach. I set these up on the other side
                    of the state and don't even attend them sometimes. Priot to te talk,
                    I like to send a mailing to prospects in the area inviting them to
                    attend but also to join the RLC. This is where a lot of our new
                    membership comes from.

                    We have a new member Jerry Cameron who is a former police chief who
                    is well connected with the GOP in North Florida who wants to start
                    speaking at GOP clubs about drug legalization.

                    -- Philip Blumel