An Organization we should all Thank!

  • Rfast10430
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2005
      Dear ShootFirst.org:

      As a Florida resident I would like to personally thank you for
      helping make Florida safer by passing out flyers recommending tourists
      "avoid unnecessary arguments with local people; stay in their cars and
      keep hands in plain sight if involved in a traffic accident or
      near-miss; and maintain a positive attitude and avoid shouting or
      threatening gestures if someone appears to be hostile toward them."
      This is great advice, and not just for tourists!
      Also, thank you for helping to generally publicize the "Stand
      Your Ground" or, as you refer to it, "Shoot First" law. The more
      would-be criminals aware of it, the less likely they are to threaten
      Floridians. Crime will go down thanks to the law and the publicity
      for it generated by your campaign only helps.
      I understand your campaign includes targeting potential tourists
      in foreign countries! Genius! Undoubtedly more foreign tourists will
      come to Florida when they hear how much safer Florida is now that
      people can more easily defend themselves against violent criminals.
      Your advice for tourists is appropriate for everyone and would have
      been just as valuable prior to the "Shoot First" law being passed but,
      it's especially timely now. With the extra publicity from campaigns
      like yours, the law will have an even greater effect -- Florida will
      have less crime and rude tourists yet more overall tourism! I've
      always said, "An armed society is a polite society". Thanks for
      helping to make this a reality! Keep up the great work!

      Sincerely,

      Robert Fast
      Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Proud NRA Member, Gun Owner, and Concealed Weapon or Firearm License
      Holder