Re: [RLC-Action] DeWine Opposition ... Candidate endorsements.

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2005
      > MikeAMina@... wrote:
      > ... John Mitchel, who will be challenging DeWine
      > in the primary, has expressed interest in seeking
      > our endorsement.

      Unfortunately, our Endorsements Director (Nick
      Mikulicich, has taken on a new legal client and
      so has unexpected demands on his time. He has
      promised to finalize a procedure next week.
      In the meantime, don't hesitate to follow-up on
      promising candidates. Give them a copy of the
      RLC Statement and Compact (both on the website)
      and invite them to send a written request for an
      endorsement, indicating the issues the intend to
      emphasize, to me or Nick. New candidates with
      no known voting history are a challenge, so we
      depend on RLC members to recommend them
      and make a (brief) case.
      Since Ohio is not yet Chartered, the National
      Board will approve almost any proposal.

      Bill Westmiller