Re: [RLC-Action] Digest Number 14

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 8, 2004
      RLC-Action is intended for the discussion of projects, tactics,
      and strategy for RLC organizational development and outreach.
      We endorsed Rep. Toomey against Spector in the primary. Unless
      we want to consider some kind of action in response to Spector's
      comments, the discussion belongs on RLC-Discuss.

      Bill
    • web10plan@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 8, 2004
        We should publicly and loudly join the chorus of those who oppose Spector from being on the judicial cmte.
          He has stated that he "wants" "activist" judges. That should disqualify him from any Libertarian support.
         My 2 cents
          R. B. Lee
      • Barry Moore
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 9, 2004

          See definition 2:

          Main Entry: spec�ter
          Variant(s): or spec�tre /'spek-t&r/
          Function: noun
          Etymology: French spectre, from Latin spectrum appearance, specter, from specere to look, look at -- more at SPY
          1 : a visible disembodied spirit : GHOST
          2 : something that haunts or perturbs the mind : PHANTASM <the specter of hunger>

          web10plan@... wrote:
          We should publicly and loudly join the chorus of those who oppose Spector from being on the judicial cmte.
            He has stated that he "wants" "activist" judges. That should disqualify him from any Libertarian support.
           My 2 cents
            R. B. Lee

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • Ray Holtorf

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 9, 2004
              I like Grassley.  He was my senator for many years.  But like all senators, including Dole and Kerry, he is boring and has a record.  Those long omnibus bills are full of ammo for the sludge-filled bazookas used by both parties in the free fire zones of presidential elections.  And quite frankly, intellectualism is dead and senators are boring intellectuals that rarely connect with the muddled masses.  Time to go governor shopping.