RE: [RLC-Action] question about Ohio

  • Thomas Sewell
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 14, 2005
      Try http://www.rlc.org/States/oh/. It lists the contact info for the Ohio
      coordinator as well as their State E group.

      Thomas
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 15, 2005
        From: David Briggman <briggman@...>
        > I can't remember the URL, but there's a website which
        > lists where similar actions have taken place in most
        > other states in the County, six here in Virginia.

        The RLC has supported the Castle Coalition, which is
        a project of the Institute for Justice. They are providing
        wonderful resources at:
        _www.castlecoalition.org_ (http://www.castlecoalition.org)

        Roberts has said (in so many words) that he supports
        the Kelo decision. He favors "supreme deference" to any
        legislative act.

        Bill
      • MikeAMina@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 17, 2005
          Hi Mohamed.
          I'm the Ohio RLC Coordinator. I'm planning an organizational (reorganizational?) RLC meeting in northeast Ohio (where I reside) between now and the end of the year.

          As far as getting Senator DeWine to follow in Dr. Paul's footsteps, I don't know of anyone yet who is sympathetic to our goals and has that kind of access to DeWine. Many Republicans are displeased with DeWine because of the recent federal judge deal he made with the rest of the "gang of 14."

          Furthermore, John Mitchel, who will be challenging DeWine in the primary, has expressed interest in seeking our endorsement. Someone from RLC national is supposed to get back to me on what to have Mr. Mitchel do (in addition to, or other than, signing the Liberty Compact), but no one has gotten back to me.

          Mike Mina
        • Mohamed "me" Elibiary
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 20, 2005
            Thanks for the update Mike.  Good luck with restructuring in Ohio for the primary election.

            ME
            "All we can do is build it one brick at a time!"  Hamada
            I'm the Ohio RLC Coordinator. I'm planning an organizational (reorganizational?) RLC meeting in northeast Ohio (where I reside) between now and the end of the year.

            As far as getting Senator DeWine to follow in Dr. Paul's footsteps, I don't know of anyone yet who is sympathetic to our goals and has that kind of access to DeWine. Many Republicans are displeased with DeWine because of the recent federal judge deal he made with the rest of the "gang of 14."

            Furthermore, John Mitchel, who will be challenging DeWine in the primary, has expressed interest in seeking our endorsement. Someone from RLC national is supposed to get back to me on what to have Mr. Mitchel do (in addition to, or other than, signing the Liberty Compact), but no one has gotten back to me.

            Mike Mina
          • John Mitchel, LtCol, USAF (Ret