Re: Logo Design Copyright?

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 13, 2005
      _jonhenke@..._ (mailto:jonhenke@...) wrote:
      >... rejected logos for the Neolibertarian Network.

      Note that full copyright has to be granted to the RLC,
      which would mean NLN *could not* use the logos that
      are submitted. We also need to avoid logos that are
      clearly comparable to any used by other organizations
      or businesses.
      For those reasons, the Statue of Liberty, Elephant
      Flair and RNC Elephant were disqualified.

      Most of the NLN designs use a torch element. If
      Jon would like to pick one favorite and grant full rights
      to the RLC, I can add it to the options (though I can't
      edit the RLC-Action poll after voting has started).

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 13, 2005
        There could be a follow up poll that pits the NLN logo against the winning RLC logo, unless someone feels that would be unfair. I keep checking the poll and could easily vote again if I had to because you changed the current poll.

        westmiller@... wrote:
        [snip] I can't edit the RLC-Action poll after voting has started.
      • Jason Burkins
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 13, 2005
          I for one think there are already a number of good choices available. The NLN logos, while nice, are not distinctive enough for our group. Something original would be nice, in my opinion.

          JAB

          westmiller@... wrote:
          [snip] I can't edit the RLC-Action poll after voting has started.

          Republican party Rlc United states
          Party Activism

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        • John Pankratz
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 13, 2005
            That's why Westmiller's torch-bearing elephant is the best choice.  It is powerful, cheerful without being humorous, energetic, and unlike the elephant used by the Republican Party, which looks like its just standing in one place.  It looks good in black and white (greyscale).  It looks triumphant and unstoppable.  It is full of implied meaning.  A little touch-up by a good graphic artist and it'll be ready to go.

            Send your contributions to "Elephant Logo Victory Campaign" c/o John P.............. ;-)

            --
            I support liberty by logical necessity because I'm a Christian.

            http://www.theadvocates.org/christian/thies.html