RE: [RLC-Action] New poll for RLC-Action

  • Adam J Bernay
    Message 1 of 51 , Aug 12 6:02 PM
      Let me say a few words in favor of the Liberty Bell logo that I conceived
      and that a friend put together. I believe it has the following points in
      its favor:

      1) Utility of Design -- It is simple, elegant, and able to be embroidered,
      screen-printed, or otherwise put onto caps, shirts, bags, patches, buttons,
      etc. and still be seen easily. The same cannot be said for most of the
      others, which are a little too busy or detailed. We can even add the web
      address easily under the lower banner without any problem. If "Let Freedom
      Ring" is not chosen as the motto, the chosen motto -- assuming it is not too
      long (and it shouldn't be) -- can replace "Let Freedom Ring" on the lower
      banner easily.

      2) Central Symbol -- The Liberty Bell is a symbol that resonates with
      Americans as being indicative of what the Founding of this nation is about.
      Also, while it is traditional, it is also NOT an elephant, which is far too
      overused by the GOP; we can be both traditional and "out-of-the-box" at the
      same time, which is really our message: that the GOP has moved away from the
      traditional values of self-government that this country is based upon. It
      is also NOT the Statue of Liberty, which is too associated in most
      Republican activists' minds with the Libertarian Party.

      3) Color Scheme -- bright colors easily visible from long distances in
      crowded areas, and so will catch the eye on posters and break out from
      clutter around it. A lot of the other logos use darker colors that aren't
      as visible.

      Adam

      "Yes, I do have questions.  I get to ask them BECAUSE I'M FREE!"
         -- "Bumper of My SUV," Chely Wright
      Message 51 of 51 , Sep 17, 2005
        >I don't really know anything about this group (though I've heard of them before), so it would probably be a good idea to do a little background research on them before relying on their information.

        I can vouch for Citizens Against Government Waste (I've been a member for years), and their "Pig Book" would be an excellent resource.

        Jeff Palmer - jap@...
        ***
        Quote of the Week:  “It takes two to speak the truth - one to speak, and another to hear.” — Henry David Thoreau, 1849