Social Security 'Birthday' - Time to Retire It!?

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2005
      When Congress reconvenes next month, Social Security is
      likely to be the hottest topic. The RLC Board will consider a
      News Release on the issue at its September 12th meeting.
      With the 70th Anniversary coming on August 14th (one
      day after Castro's 79th birthday ;o), suggestions on what
      theme to stress are welcome.

      Of course, our members would prefer to have the entire
      Ponzi scheme retired. We'll certainly make note of that,
      as well as the RLC Statement reference:

      "We support a responsible transition to private financial alternatives,
      rather than maintenance or expansion of compulsory government retirement,
      disability, and health programs.

      However, the important question is whether the RLC
      should endorse one or more proposals being offered by
      members of our Advisory Board. There are plans from
      Jeff Flake, John Shadegg and Sam Johnson that we may
      prefer to no reform at all ... 'steps in the right direction'.

      Suggestions and discussion here are welcome.