Re: [RLC-Action] RE: A new law requires study of the Constitution

  • John Pankratz
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 27, 2005
      Guy,

      I appreciate your intentions, but there are problems.

      The program will never be enacted, because if the young people of this
      country ever really learn the Constitution, they will realize that there
      is no provision therein for the granting of federal funds for local
      school programs. They will figure our that the feds force their will on
      us by taking our money and then "giving" part of it back with strings
      attached, often for purposes that they cannot justify by the Constitution.

      The Administration will not stand for educating our young people about
      the Constitution for the same reason they will not name a true
      originalist to the Supreme Court. It would mess up their whole modus
      operendi.

      --
      I support liberty by logical necessity because I'm a Christian.

      http://www.theadvocates.org/christian/thies.html