RE: [RLC-Action] Thoughts on Sanford & Iowa & Strategy

  • Ray Holtorf
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 5, 2004
      I'm not familiar with the Democrats database - so I cannot tell you if Iowa has anything similar. As far as the Iowa RP "party hacks," they will do what they are told by the RNC - we have a pretty strong herd mentality here in Iowa. Although I will say that the Iowa RP has a very strong, very stubborn, Christian Right tilt. One that would NEVER permit McCain to take Iowa. Probably strong enough to thwart any libertarian as well (unless they have religious right / pro-drug war leanings). Iowa is a tough row to hoe for moderates. Pat Buchanan and Pat Robertson STILL have very strong followings here in Iowa.