RE: [RLC-Action] Common Ground - Guy McLendon Applauds Constitution Party's Focus on Michael New

  • Douglas Lorenz
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 27, 2005

      I agree…  While I am a clear supporter of CAFTA, it saddens me that this and other legislation has become nothing more than a bidding war to exchange government pork for votes.  Obviously, the biggest whore in the GOP camp has always been Sen. Ted Stevens, but it is certainly not limited to him.

      I used to think that logrolling for pork was a hallmark of the Democrats, but it has become obvious that Republicans can aspire to be even more wasteful when they try.

      It definitely makes it far worse when we have Monty Hall as our President, and leading the GOP by example…

           Doug