Re: [RLC-Action] RLC Website (was Logo & Slogan)

  • John Pankratz
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 25, 2005
      Personal opinion: XOOPS is great stuff! Congratulations on an excellent decision.  It will take a little work on your
      part, but so many options will become easily available.

      ..... john p ...........

      Steve Redlich wrote:
      On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Dave Nalle wrote:

      I've was out of town for the beginning of this discussion, but if
      we're talking about putting together blog content for the RLC website
      I'd definitely like to be involved.  I'm writing my own blog, and
      also for a group blog on general topics called blogcritics.org, where
      I'm also an editor.  I'd love to be involved in a liberty oriented
      group blogging effort.  I also have some blog programming and design
      experience as well as HTML, PHP and CSS experience.  Just let me know
      how I can help.

      Hi David and others,

      I should probably mention that I am the new RLC webmaster.  Right now, the
      RLC website is on a Windows IIS server.  My goal is to move this to a
      Linux/Apache/[Mysql]/Php Platform.  I started playing with XOOPS
      http://xoops.org/ which is a Content Management Solution in the hopes of
      having something that will allow multiple [authorized and authenticated]
      users to submit content and help manage the site.

      XOOPS has support (Scans XML feeds and converts to HTML) for RSS (Really
      Simple Syndication) so I an envisioning a portion of a column showing
      links to proliberty news items or rebuttals to the mainstream media's
      interpretation of news.

      I haven't touched it in a while, but if anyone is interested in helping,
      with the design/development of the new site, please send me a private
      email and I can set you up with access to my development server and
      to XOOPS.

      Thanks,
      Steve Redlich
      rlc@...

      Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      I support liberty by logical necessity because I'm a Christian.

      http://www.theadvocates.org/christian/thies.html