Re: [RLC-Action] Printed Materials

  • bondc@insightbb.com
    Message 1 of 47 , Jul 16, 2005
      This conversation would have a point if we were setting up a new nation and were
      looking for a symbol. We're not. We're Americans. We live in the United States.
      The eagle is the national symbol. We keep it--just like we keep the flag.
    • Guy McLendon
      Message 47 of 47 , Jul 21, 2005

        Ray,

        I have profound respect for the US Constitution … obviously.  Indeed, I am working to prepare a streaming web video of my recent presentation that applied my thinking on the Constitution to the war on drugs.

        However, I certainly do not believe any human-construct to be perfect, or infallible.  There are a number of flaws that need remedy … I could detail a few.  Sadly, the slime in Washington are not interesting in strengthening the Constitution’s primary function … to impose limits on the power officials.  Indeed, they work fervently to strip sidestep & weave around the constraints so long ignored …  The “flaws” that I reference are holes that have allowed the slime in Washington to weave around the intended legal constraints.

        I also have issues with LP purists, and am hopeful that the 2006 LP Platform Team will probably lean more towards practical solutions, and away from purist proposals.  It will be interesting to see whether we can make the LP’s offering more practical.

        Respectfully,

        Guy