Re: [RLC-Action] Printed Materials

  • John Pankratz
    Message 1 of 47 , Jul 15, 2005
      Even Castro can claim "limited government." it is one of those weasel
      words that means nothing. How about smaller government?

      DGHarrison wrote:

      > Chuck,
      >
      > I have several documents in various stages of completion or revision.
      > All of these are MicroSoft Publisher 2000 files. If you would like me
      > to e-mail them to you, I'll do that. Otherwise, if you send me your
      > snail mail address, I can send you copies.
      >
      > Other elements:
      >
      > 4) Motto -- "The Conscience of the Republican Party" (Not my favorite
      > because it seems condescending)
      > 5) Motto -- "Free Enterprise, Individual Freedom & Limited Government"
      > (My favorite because it defines positions)
      > 6) Posters -- Contest like the one for a logo. Subjects to contrast
      > "authoritarians" with "libertarians" on the time tested, perennial
      > problems: taxes, gun control, welfare, etc.
      > 7) Promotional Items -- Printed "T"-shirts, coffee mugs, pin-on
      > buttons, bumper stickers, pens & pencils, etc. I found a website that
      > allows you to submit your own artwork and fill orders for various
      > items on an on-demand, no inventory basis. They have a set base price
      > for all items. You order the items direct or have customers order
      > through your website direct. The company handles all shipping and
      > returns. You set your sale price at whatever profit you want to
      > receive for the item. The company sends you a check for your
      > commission on the sales. The company keeps it's share of the loot.
      > Everybody is happy. You can add new designs at any time.
      >
      > Doug Harrison
      > Minnesota
      >
      > Chuck Seberg wrote:
      >
      >> Let's start to design some RLC printed materials -- sign and
      >> posters. What elements should they contain? I'll start the list and
      >> you all fill it in.
      >>
      >> 1) Name -- Republican Liberty Caucus
      >> 2) Website -- www.rlc.org
      >> 3) US Flag or sections thereof -- stars on blue field, red/white stripes
      >>
      >> What else?
      >>
      >> Chuck
      >>
      >> P.S. Once we have a good idea of the images and messages we wish to
      >> convey, we'll turn loose the designers

      I'm a libertarian by logical necessity because I'm a Christian.

      http://www.theadvocates.org/christian/thies.html
    • Guy McLendon
      Message 47 of 47 , Jul 21, 2005

        Ray,

        I have profound respect for the US Constitution … obviously.  Indeed, I am working to prepare a streaming web video of my recent presentation that applied my thinking on the Constitution to the war on drugs.

        However, I certainly do not believe any human-construct to be perfect, or infallible.  There are a number of flaws that need remedy … I could detail a few.  Sadly, the slime in Washington are not interesting in strengthening the Constitution’s primary function … to impose limits on the power officials.  Indeed, they work fervently to strip sidestep & weave around the constraints so long ignored …  The “flaws” that I reference are holes that have allowed the slime in Washington to weave around the intended legal constraints.

        I also have issues with LP purists, and am hopeful that the 2006 LP Platform Team will probably lean more towards practical solutions, and away from purist proposals.  It will be interesting to see whether we can make the LP’s offering more practical.

        Respectfully,

        Guy