Half a Dozen Questions

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2005
      1. What is the minimum score that a candidate must achieve on the WSPQ
      in order to receive RLC endorsement?

      2. And is there any leeway in the event that such a candidate scores
      very close to but outside of that cut-off?

      3. There will always be new candidates running for office -- especially
      when a Republican is challenging a seat traditionally held by a Democrat
      -- and for local elections they will likely not have a voting track
      record. We will have to rely on the promise of their WSPQ score. For
      local candidates that have held office, or who are running for
      re-election, do we approach them with the WSPQ or do we analyze their
      past voting records in a manner similar to Thies' Liberty Index?

      4. If we just use the WSPQ, does anyone have any suggestions for the
      kind of dialogue that would most likely obtain their cooperation?

      5. If we go for the Liberty Index assessment (oops! ... that's a lot of
      work!) is anyone doing that for their state's local political races, and
      if so, what are your guidelines for choosing the right issues to include
      in a survey?

      6. Obviously, a person's WSPQ score (promises/potential) is not as
      dependable as his Liberty Index score (fulfillment of
      promises/potential). But sometimes compromise in politics is
      unavoidable, so an incumbent might score lower on his Liberty Index
      score than on his WSPQ score. How does one weigh this differential when
      assessing two Republican candidates squaring off in a Primary Election?