Signs and such

  • Chuck Seberg
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2005
      Happy 4th of July to everyone. I'll be marching in my hometown parade on Monday with the County Republicans. It sure would be nice to have a large RLC sign to carry. But I'll have to make do with the graphic from the RLC webpage. I blew it up to 36 x 8 inches, but the muted colors of the graphic don't make a great parade sign.

      Then I remembered the discussion a couple days back about having an outreach table at the YR National Convention. What kinds of signs and posters would be used at such an event. Do we have anything that would make a decent display? I think all the state organizations could use display material, but I have no idea if any exists.

      We're coming up on county fair season. I'm sure the County Republicans would give me a corner of their fair display area if I had anything to display. Need I go on about the many uses of display material?

      Chuck
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
        We have an RLC banner - the type that you'd see on the wall behind a podium at a convention or on the wall behind a WSPQ outreach table - that is mailed around the country from person to person as needed.  (I currently have it.)  It would also be suitable for a parade although it would ideally be carried by two people.  I believe some of our states also have their own.  You're right that any state that makes frequent use of one should have their own.

        For a county fair, you would want the banner and the other items I listed in the recent post about WSPQ booths.

        Jeff Palmer - jap@...
         * * *
        Quote of the Week:  “Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.  It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.” -- William Pitt (1783)

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
          The key to this process is to have adequate graphics files available for download so people can go to a printer (Kinko's, Mr. Speedy, etc.) and have them made. The key here is to have graphics that are scalable without turning into a bunch of cubist modern art when enlarged to banner size. I am not very pleased with the graphics I've been trying to work with from our website, and have tried to cobble together my own infinitely scalable graphics.

          I tell you one thing, if I'm going to pay the big bucks out of my own pocket to have these signs and banners produced, I sure am not going to settle for a big stinking blur! It has been mentioned that the graphics on our website are limited to 72 dpi. I want something between 1200 and 1800 dpi. Big files, yes, but let's not screw around with murky, "Why did they even bother?" types of banners.

          Do we have anyone with the graphics/design/printing background needed to ensure the highest quality graphics files are produced and made available to all states? I'll chip in some extra bucks -- if everyone else does, too -- so we can hire a professional if we must.

          Message

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 4, 2005
            From: DGHarrison _DGHarrison@..._ (mailto:DGHarrison@...)
            > ... It has been mentioned that the graphics
            > on our website are limited to 72 dpi. I want
            > something between 1200 and 1800 dpi.

            Web graphics are web resolution. For most
            of them, I have the source files in MS Composer,
            which are mostly scalable (though even fonts
            will degenerate to pixels on high resolution).
            Let me know what specific images you want
            and in what sizes by personal email.

            Bill
          • michael franks
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 4, 2005
              Yes, I have a print shop and work with graphics guys all the time. I do
              political signs all across Texas as well as print on many substrates.

              Michael
            • Chuck Seberg
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 5, 2005
                A couple of questions:

                1) What do you have in the way of exitsting RLC artwork?
                2) What services are you offering to RLC customers?

                Chuck

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 5, 2005
                  Well, I don't have any RLC artwork. But everyone who has commented is
                  correct, in that we need a good vector based art file for printing purposes.
                  For a simple sign that is spot color, my guys can simply recreate/design
                  the artwork.

                  As far as what I can do, I can pretty much do anything for the RLC if we are
                  looking for signs, banners, display's, etc.

                  Yall guys just let me know what you want to do and any advice, etc I can
                  give.

                  Thanks,
                  Michael