Re: [RLC-Action] Sanford '08 Project

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 29, 2004
      We were going to have specific action-item discussions
      here on real political projects. I posted an exhaustive
      series of suggestions regarding a possible Sanford '08
      effort, but haven't seen any responses at all.
      Did I "exhaust" everyone?

      Bill
    • Clay Bond
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 29, 2004
        westmiller@... wrote:

        > We were going to have specific action-item discussions
        > here on real political projects. I posted an exhaustive
        > series of suggestions regarding a possible Sanford '08
        > effort, but haven't seen any responses at all.
        > Did I "exhaust" everyone?

        I have a horse in this race--George W. Bush. When the election
        is over, I'll worry about future elections. Not until then.

        --
        "Interesting that the people who scream the loudest about Florida
        being fraudulent are the party that fought tooth and nail to

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 29, 2004
              Clay,

              Agreed.

              On that note...

              Every year an independent tax watchdog group analyzes the average tax burden
              on Americans, and then calculates the "Tax Freedom Day". This is the day
              after which the money you earn goes to you, not the government. This year,
              tax
              freedom day was April 11th. That's the earliest  it has been since 1991.
              Its
              latest day ever was May 2nd, which occurred in 2000. Notice anything special
              about those dates?
            • Neil Galbraith
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 29, 2004
                I'm sorry, I have been busy as well and not following the group (mid-terms).

                I've been a big fan of Mark Sanford for a while, and think he'd make a great Presidential candidate.  As I am assuming he hasn't declared candidacy for 2008 yet, I would therefore assume that this would be a "Committee to Draft Mark Sanford for President 2008."  It might make a good vehicle to turn some of our more "abstract" ideas into a practical discussion.

                I think there is also a point to be taken in the comment that he's going to have to get through 2006 first.  Last I had read he had popularity numbers around 70% in South Carolina?

                Another good question is where he stands relative to the RLC.  Would he be interested in our endorsement?  He seems to be big on streamlining government, which goes against the Barry Goldwater statement of principles.  Is this something he would agree to?  Or is this something that we should maybe look to change?
                Just some thoughts.

                Neil

                Ditto

                westmiller@... wrote:
                   We were going to have specific action-item discussions
                here on real political projects. I posted an exhaustive
                series of suggestions regarding a possible Sanford '08
                effort, but haven't seen any responses at all.
                   Did I "exhaust" everyone?

                Bill

                "Omne verum a quocumque dicatur, a Spiritu sancto est." --St. Ambrose of Milan

                Do you Yahoo!?