Re: RLC-Endorsed Candidates ... and others

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 26, 2004
      > From: DGHarrison <DGHarrison@...>
      > Just to be sure ... the RLC will only endorse Republican candidates, and
      > those Republican candidates must satisfy the endorsing committee that
      > they are worthy of RLC endorsement? We don't endorse members of any
      > other parties -- no matter how strong they are on liberty -- if there is
      > a Republican running against them? If the Republican sucks on liberty,
      > we make no endorsements for that race?

      Yes, yes, and yes.
      BTW: Two of the candidates endorsed by the RLC-CA are
      LP candidates in state races with NO GOP nominee. Tell your
      LP friends who think we're "traitors".

      > It is okay to unofficially exchange information on non Republican
      > candidates who are excellent liberty warriors, even if there is a
      > Republican running against them in a particular race?

      Define "unofficially" and "exchange". ;o)
      Generally, anybody can say anything they please, as long as
      they are not speaking in an official (or seemingly so) RLC capacity.
      As long as it doesn't border on "solicitation", the merits of any
      particular candidate could properly be discussed on RLC-Discuss
      or GOP-Liberty.

      > Just want to know what's proper.

      Take a shot if you think it's proper. Worst that can happen is
      that you get a private email from moi. ;o)

      > What is the "i" in parentheses in your list?

      Intended to be Incumbent, but I didn't edit carefully.