48 hours to stop the broadcast flag

  • John Pankratz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2005
      This just came up on Slashdot:

      http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/05/06/21/010242.shtml?tid=129&tid=103&tid=17

      "Think the Broadcast Flag is dead? EFF is warning that Hollywood is trying to sneak the broadcast flag into law as an amendment to a massive appropriations bill. 'If what we hear is true, the provision will be introduced before a subcommittee tomorrow and before the full appropriations committee on Thursday. That gives us 48 hours to stop it.' Action Alert here. List of Senator's phone numbers here."

      There is a list of members of the Senate Appropriations Committee linked to the article.
      If you value the traditional fair use rights you have enjoyed up until now, you will call your Senator.
      Kay Bailey Hutchison is my Senator from Texas on the Committee. Others will have to look at the article
      for the list.

      Texas:
      Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson: (202) 224-5922
      --
      I'm a libertarian by logical necessity because I'm a Christian.

      http://www.theadvocates.org/christian/thies.html