Re: [RLC-Action] Action Item

  • Tim Condon
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 19, 2005
      John Pankratz wrote:

      >This shows one major defect in representative government. Somehow there are a few people who really get satisfaction out of controlling others, and they make a life's work about gaining positions where they can do what they enjoy.

      Truer words were never spoken. The fact is, those of us who
      *don't* want to order other people around are an increasingly small
      minority in America. The solution? Concentrate our numbers. Check it
      out: www.freestateproject.org.
      ------Tim Condon
    • John David Galt
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 21, 2005
        DGHarrison wrote:
        > I have long lamented the passing of "community friendly" architecture,
        > in which neighbors see each other almost daily from their front porches.
        > It's a by-gone era, though, brought to a close by the automobile.

        That (and car-hatred) are exactly the feelings of the "smart"-growthers
        who promote these bans on so-called "snout" houses. Their goal is to
        take away as much as possible of the convenience and efficiency we've
        paid for by buying cars.

        It is not the proper business of government to dictate how people should
        use transportation, how we should use our homes, or how much we should
        interact with our neighbors. This movement needs to be CRUSHED!