Media Database

  • Chuck Seberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 11, 2005
      LAMP Guys: I built a web based front end for the RLC Media List database using Ruby on Rails. It was made following the cookbook app on the RoR website, which speeded the process greatly. It could use some UI attention, as it's pretty plain looking. But it's fully functional for basic CRUD operations (create, read, update, delete). The data tables are (Media) Outlets, (Media) Contacts, and (Data) Maintainers. Each maintainer has user name and password access to the outlets and contacts records controlled by that user. Contacts are date stamped when entered or updated.

      The problem is I don't have a server connected to the outside world. If any of you have Ruby and Rails running on your servers, my rails tree should plug right in. It's all self contained with scripts and little sections of html code. No XML, CSS and the like. It will operate on mysql, postgresql, or sqlite databases.

      If anyone can use this, I'll burn a CD for you. Let me know.

      Chuck