Re: [RLC-Action] Digest Number 118

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2005

      From: "C.B." bondc@...
      > It's easily done--export it to a comma-delimited file,
      > then import it.

      Not quite that simple. Field names need to be matched
      or in proper sequence. Uploading my 37-field database to
      a 10-field Yahoo! DB that doesn't match in any way would
      be fruitless.
      I offered the DB structure as a suggestion for the SQL
      content, but I don't know MySQL features and functions,
      so I'd have to learn them to make a successful append.

      Bill
    • C.B.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2005
        westmiller@... wrote:
        > westmiller@... wrote:
        > >> Having said that, I don't have the time to convert my existing
        > >> media database to either Yahoo! DB or SQL.
        >
        > From: "C.B." bondc@...
        > > It's easily done--export it to a comma-delimited file,
        > > then import it.
        >
        > Not quite that simple. Field names need to be matched
        > or in proper sequence. Uploading my 37-field database to
        > a 10-field Yahoo! DB that doesn't match in any way would
        > be fruitless.
        > I offered the DB structure as a suggestion for the SQL
        > content, but I don't know MySQL features and functions,
        > so I'd have to learn them to make a successful append.

        Dbase Access MySQL

        Character Text Char
        Varchar
        Date Date/Time Datetime
        Logical Yes/No Enum
        Memo Memo Text
        Numeric Number Tinyint
        Smallint
        Integer
        Mediumint
        Bigint
        Decimal
        Float
        Double

        --
        /"\ ||
        \ / ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN || Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms