Re: [RLC-Action] Re: Media Contact Database

  • Steve Redlich
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
      On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Mike Bryant wrote:

      > If it helps at all, I will be happy to host the database on my company's server.
      > This would be a 'real' database (MySQL), rather than the YahooGroups default.
      > I'll also be happy to volunteer some time to write software that allows admins
      > to enter and edit the data and for others to browse.

      Hi Mike,

      Your help would be great. I've already created a MySQL database and an
      sftp user account on a virtual server that is colocated in downtown LA.

      I would be happy to give you either sftp access to upload files and/or
      shell access if you want to access the MySQL client directly on my server.

      I'm happy to help no matter whose server is being used. My server is
      setup for virtual hosting, so having multiple users is not a problem.

      This database is my first attempt at programming in PHP although I am not
      opposed to using another scripting language.

      Thanks,
      Steve Redlich