RE: [RLC-Action] Re: Lets get some focus people...

  • Thomas Sewell
    Message 1 of 39 , May 31, 2005
      You'd apparently be amazed what you can do with sed, awk, cut, tr, regular
      expressions and pipes. Pick up a couple of books on the topics sometime.

      Since this isn't a unix list, we're obviously getting off topic. However, I
      don't need to blow smoke about using unix, since I've been making my living
      with computers for about 14 years now and several different multi-billion
      dollar companies seem to have somehow survived me managing all of their
      technical needs.

      Thomas

      I think you're talking about swapping the first record with the third
      record, etc., if you can do it with a line of unix code.
      That might be sufficient. But any more than that I suspect you're blowin'
      smoke.

      My other concerns still stand.

      Chuck
      (linked-list fan)