RLC Campaign Contributions [was "Re: Emailing: Mark_Sanford_Bio2_10-18-03"]

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2004
      Yes. You've outlined the tactics of the RLC spot-on.

      Perhaps, with the temporary difficulties we have had with our newsletter,
      we've been negligent in sufficiently advertising those candidates targeted
      for coordinated support, but I believe they *have* been mentioned on these
      e-groups. Perhaps someone with ready access to the complete list of
      RLC-endorsed candidates them will repost them here; otherwise, I suspect
      they may be found on our website. I encourage you to check them out and
      join us in offering your most generous support, as you have suggested!

      One RLC-endorsed candidate I can personally recommend is North Carolina's
      own *Mike Harrison*, candidate for Buncombe County Commissioner (Asheville,
      NC). Mike is a fellow RLC member and, as his "core beliefs" (attached
      below) suggest, he is not afraid to run on the RLC philosophy of "Lower
      Taxes, Less Government, and Personal Liberty". Mike finished second in the
      GOP primary. He and the other top-four Republican finishers are competing
      for the four Commission seats to be decided in the general election.
      Contributions will be gratefully received via his website at
      www.mikeharrison.littlespringfarm.com/ or by s-mail at:

      The Committee to Elect Mike Harrison
      P.O. Box 33
      Barnardsville, NC 28709

      Jeff Palmer - jap@... - www.rlc.org
      Coordinator, Republican Liberty Caucus of North Carolina

      -----Attachment-----
      '"Core Beliefs" of Mike Harrison, Candidate for Buncombe County Commissioner

      I BELIEVE the strength of our nation lies with the individual and that each
      person's dignity, freedom, ability and responsibility must be honored.
      I BELIEVE in equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity for all.
      I BELIEVE free enterprise and encouraging individual initiative have brought
      this nation opportunity, economic growth and prosperity.
      I BELIEVE government must practice fiscal responsibility and allow
      individuals to keep more of the money they earn.
      I BELIEVE the proper role of government is to provide for the people only
      those critical functions that cannot be performed by individuals or private
      organizations and that the best government is that which governs least.
      I BELIEVE the most efficient, responsible and responsive government is
      government closest to the people.
      I BELIEVE Americans must retain the principles that have made us strong
      while developing new and innovative ideas to meet the challenges of changing
      times.
      I BELIEVE Americans value and should preserve our national strength and
      pride.