Media Database was: Last call for HR 1528

  • Steve Redlich
    Message 1 of 9 , May 25, 2005
      On Wed, 25 May 2005, Ray Holtorf wrote:

      > I'm an MS Access expert - but am not as up-to-date on
      > utilizing that program on line. Most dbases use the
      > same or similar language. Yahoo has an on-line (in
      > group, actually) database function which I could learn
      > this weekend. Send me a sample of the data you would
      > like included, and I'll setup and format the fields...

      Doug,

      I have little experience with database programming, but wouldn't mind
      trying to set something up for the group on one of my LAMP servers.

      Apache (https) could easily handle the authentication/authorization for
      both state and national users. PHP scripts would interact with the database
      and display web forms for data entry as well at output the media lists.

      I would be happy to create a web account and database for anyone
      interested in putting something together.

      This probably belongs on the RLC-Comm list, so please followup there.

      Thanks,
      Steve