FAIRTAX

  • Guy McLendon
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2005
      I don't want a new tax until after the 16th amendment is repealed.  If the same bill that itself repeals the 16th with a statement declaring taxation of income to be outlawed ... I'm ok with that same bill creating a federal sales tax WHICH IS FIRST COLLECTED BY STATE GOVERNMENTS ... AND THEN TRANSFERRED TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

      That feature would help repair damage done by the 17th amendment ... while leaving US Senators to be elected by popular election.

      Guy

      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2005
        Regarding the 16th amendment and FairTax...

        I don't want a new tax until after the 16th amendment is repealed.  If the same bill that itself repeals the 16th with a statement declaring taxation of income to be outlawed ... I'm ok with that same bill creating a federal sales tax WHICH IS FIRST COLLECTED BY STATE GOVERNMENTS ... AND THEN TRANSFERRED TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

        That feature would help repair damage done by the 17th amendment ... while leaving US Senators to be elected by popular election.

        Guy

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Guy McLendon
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2005
          Barry,

          It's not that I don't trust Fairtax supporters ... it IS that I don't trust politicians to do what's right.  Politicians will sell a new piece of legislation with a certain rationale ... and realize the whole time that the fine print will allow them to do some act that contradicts their sales hype.  In short, the politician will be lying their wretched teeth ... knowing they're lying ... and state their slimy lies as they convince the citizenry to cut their own throats ...

          Please do keep in mind the following fact:  Alan Greenspan is on record ... saying that a Federal consumption tax should co-exist with the national income tax.

          Guy