Leaving the list

  • Tony Lekas
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2005
      Folks,

      There are all too many other places where I can watch policy debates. I
      joined this group because I thought that this was not one of those
      places. If I ever hear that the situation has changed I'll return.

      Regards,
      Tony Lekas
    • greenspj
      Message 2 of 4 , May 9, 2005
        I agree.

        RLC Action was supposed to be for RLC activity only, not discussion
        or debates of general or political topics.

        Bill polices the other lists rather effectively. Why not this one?

        Take discussion to RLC-Discuss or GOP-Liberty. Please.

        Or Bill, would you mind applying the same standards here as you do
        the other lists?

        Thanks.

        --- In RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com, Tony Lekas <tony@l...> wrote:
        > Folks,
        >
        > There are all too many other places where I can watch policy
        debates. I
        > joined this group because I thought that this was not one of those
        > places. If I ever hear that the situation has changed I'll return.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Tony Lekas
      • Chuck Seberg

          Message 4 of 4 , May 10, 2005
            From: "greenspj" <greenspj@...>
            > Bill polices the other lists rather effectively. Why not this one?

            My computer hard disk crashed the weekend before
            the latest ruckus and it took nearly a week to recover.
            Nevertheless, I still have to depend on some self-
            policing here. All subscribers know the purpose of this
            eGroup and ought to assume responsibility for moderating
            their own posts. I did run a poll on the guidelines that I
            had suggested for both groups, but the few who voted
            were opposed to constraints.
            Note that I *cannot* pre-screen every post, much less
            edit content (though I do occasionally chop off long copies
            of previous posts). My habit is to send a personal email
            to offenders when I see an issue debate brewing, but that
            is only after-the-fact.
            Jeff Palmer (RLC Treasurer) has offered to assume the
            burden of Moderating this eGroup and I'm just waiting for
            him to re-join so I can designate him as Moderator. How
            he chooses to moderate posts will be solely his choice.
            If members perceive a divergence from the objective of
            this Board, each and all of them are welcome to send the
            offender a personal email objecting to the content. I'd hope
            that they would *all* do that, rather than just leaving the
            eGroup.