Re: [RLC-Action] Subsidizing lifestyles?

  • Barry Moore
    Message 1 of 44 , May 3 8:23 AM
      Exemption or relief from taxation IS a subsidy in this country.

      Section. 8. The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

      UNIFORM. UNIFORM. UNIFORM. I'm sure if you are well read, you know the outline and history of 16th amendment, so don't even go there.

      John David Galt <jdg@...> wrote:

      Exemption or relief from taxation is not a subsidy.  So the only actual
      subsidy you've mentioned above is the "free" public school system.  By
      all means let's cut that at every opportunity, and eventually abolish it.

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Adam J Bernay
      Message 44 of 44 , May 3 10:47 PM