RE: [RLC-Action] Father arrested over objections to curriculum in son's Kindergarten class

  • Derrick L. Hassert
    Message 1 of 44 , May 1, 2005
      I don't think this "jackass" (as you call him) should have to "remove his kid from public school"--he was trying to remove his child (a 6 year old) from one or two classes ("opt out", which, by the laws of the state in which this occurred, is--or presumably was--his right) that discussed same-sex households.  Many people view such topics as having a strong moral component that they do not wish to have their children exposed to.

      Derrick

      Douglas Lorenz <Doug@...> wrote:

      His arrest had nothing to do with what was being taught in class.  He could have been objecting to the fact that a science teacher was teaching that the earth was round.  The school heard his complaint, and then when he was done and asked to leave he refused.

      This jackass is a member of an anti-gay organization, and his actions were staged to have this effect.  He wanted to get arrested, and once he WAS arrested, he refused to post bail so that he would be put in jail for the night.  It looks better in the newspapers that way�

      I don�t think that anyone here would have a problem if this joker simply removed his kid from public school.  But that�s not what he was trying to do.  More than likely he will leave his kid in the public schools just so that he can find more things to be offended about so that he can get his name in the paper again.  I know a lot of people like that who are willing to use their children in that way.

      Message 44 of 44 , May 3, 2005