Re: [RLC-Action] Father arrested over objections to curriculum in son's Kindergarten class

  • bill Jambura
    Message 1 of 44 , May 1, 2005
      Well said, Mike.

      This whole thing had a predictable outcome. Gay, straight, pothead,
      beerhead, or bonehead, I don't care what anyone is as long as they don't
      expect me to subsidize, suffer from, clean up after, or be imposed upon
      by their lifestyle.

      My first problem with gays is that they demand that their lifestyle be
      endorsed by those oppose sodomy. Moreover, I think the gays 'live and
      let live' argument is phony. Instead, it's a roundabout spat over money,
      i.e. taxpayer subsidies for government bureaucrats that have 'life
      partners' with chronic diseases that are disproportionately concentrated
      among the gays.

      If they choose to live a risky lifestyle, then they should pay for it.
      In a Republican sense, before the death of republicanism, we used to
      banner "personal freedom AND individual responsibility". But those days
      are gone, and now the fight is over who gets a free ride and who pays the
      toll. What clouds the issue is the 'moral certainty' of countervailing
      special interests.

    • Adam J Bernay
      Message 44 of 44 , May 3, 2005