RE: [RLC-Action] FW: [Libertarian Republicans] Father arrested over objections to curriculum in son's Kindergarten class

  • Adam J Bernay
    Message 1 of 40 , May 1, 2005
      Sorry, I disagree with your analysis. There's no evidence he was actually
      asked to leave. He was at a private meeting, invited there by the school,
      they brokered an agreement that maintained his rights as a parent, and the
      school superintendent decided he didn't want to go along with it, and he
      capriciously had the father thrown in jail to show his power. That's my
      read of it. Have you read all of the material on that website concerning
      this incident?

      Adam

      "Yes, I do have questions. I get to ask them BECAUSE I'M FREE!"
      -- "Bumper of My SUV," Chely Wright
      Message 40 of 40 , May 2, 2005
        michael franks wrote:
        > oh yes..im aware of the timeline.....but it goes to show their intent and
        > mindest of interpretation as to how they ran the govt. Bibles were not
        > yanked out of the schools after the Constitution was written and the
        > "establishment" clause came into existance, etc.

        Only because public schools as we know them didn't exist before 1900.