Re: [RLC-Action] Gun Violence Must Be Blamed on Violent Movies and Video Games, Not Gun Ownership

  • Nicholas Finzer
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 20, 2012
      This is just stupid.

      On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 3:15 AM, Keyshawnjerry Keyshawnjerry <keyshawnjerry@...> wrote:

      Gun Violence Must Be Blamed on Violent Movies and Video Games, Not Gun Ownership

      http://rantpolitical.com/2012/12/20/gun-violence-must-be-blamed-on-movies-and-video-games-not-gun-ownership/

    • Erik Setzer
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 20, 2012
        Wow.  Yes, let's blame games and movies!  That's it!  From one completely stupid idea (blaming guns) to another.  Let's invite the government to restrict our First Amendment rights as well as our Second Amendment rights.

        Those "authoritative studies" claiming such a link have been shown to be garbage, drawn up by people who want to censor movies and games.

        I often play Call of Duty games, or games like Battlefield, Bulletstorm, Medal of Honor, even Saints Row (not Grand Theft Auto because the controls are annoying for it).  And there's a lot more, too.  Not once have I ever considered acting out what I see on the screen.  In fact, playing such games usually acts as a nice release for me, quite the opposite effect.

        Further, both are restricted.  Children can't see R-rated movies or get M-rated games, an adult has to be present for either to happen.  So that adult bears no responsibility for their child?  Really?

        This is just beyond ridiculous.

        -Erik

        On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 3:15 AM, Keyshawnjerry Keyshawnjerry <keyshawnjerry@...> wrote:

        Gun Violence Must Be Blamed on Violent Movies and Video Games, Not Gun Ownership

        http://rantpolitical.com/2012/12/20/gun-violence-must-be-blamed-on-movies-and-video-games-not-gun-ownership/

      • Barry Moore
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 20, 2012
          Gun violence must be blamed on...