RLC Endorses Ron Paul for 2012

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2011

      After polling all of our state chapters and receiving their votes determined from the preferences of their members, on Wednesday the Republican Liberty Caucus national board held a special meeting at which we certified the decision of our members to endorse Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX). The following press release was sent to national media in coordination with the Ron Paul campaign and we hope that our input will give Paul a little extra push going into the Iowa primary.

      It would be a great help if our chapter leaders would spread the word on the endorsement through social media and to your local media.  If you feel inclined issuing a separate press release along the same lines from your chapter to your state media isn't a bad idea.

      Thanks for supporting liberty in the GOP!

      Dave Nalle

      National Chairman, Republican Liberty Caucus

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: December 30, 2011

      CONTACT: Dave Nalle at 512-656-8011 or chairman@...

      Republican Liberty Caucus Endorses Ron Paul for President

      Paul Nomination Will Send a Message from the Grassroots that the GOP is Back on Track with its Founding Principles!

      AUSTIN,TX - The Republican Liberty Caucus national board is proud to endorse Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) for the Republican presidential nomination. In a field of candidates who show little genuine commitment to individual liberty or reducing the size of government, Rep. Paul stands out as a consistent champion of the values of the Republican Liberty Caucus; limited government, personal liberty and free enterprise.

      "Ron Paul has been the one Congressman willing to consistently stand up against abuses of government power and for protecting the rights of citizens," said RLC National Chairman Dave Nalle. "He has led opposition to the War on Drugs, REAL ID and the PATRIOT Act. Just in the past year he has joined us in fighting against unconstitutional military detention of civilians, government tracking of workers through e-verify and a federal takeover of the internet. These are issues which grassroots Republicans are concerned about, but the party establishment is not listening. Ron Paul is the only candidate who really speaks for the grassroots of the Republican Party."

      "Paul has often been a lone vote against big government and big spending in the wilderness of the House of Representatives, but as president that lone vote would become a veto and stop government abuses dead in their tracks," observed Earl Bandy, Chairman of the RLC of Colorado. "That alone is a great reason to put Ron Paul in the White House and give him that power."

      A major goal of the Republican Liberty Caucus is to expand the number of Senators and Representatives who are truly dedicated to the principles of small government, free enterprise and individual liberty. We made a good start towards changing Congress in 2010 and with Ron Paul at the head of the Republican ticket and a great field of liberty candidates we can win even more seats in Congress in 2012.

      With leaders like Ron Paul this is the year when we can bring our government back to the values of the founders and put the liberty and prosperity of our citizens at the top of the national agenda rather than the bottom.

      ---

      Founded in 1991, the Republican Liberty Caucus exists to promote individual liberty, limited government, and free enterprise within the Republican Party. To find out more, please visit www.rlc.org. This endorsement decision was the result of a vote of RLC state chapters nationwide and certified by the national board. This is the first time the RLC has endorsed a presidential candidate since 1996.