Re: [RLC-Action] Suggested possible course of action for outreach.

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 17 9:35 AM
      On 9/17/11 11:22 AM, Barry Moore wrote:
      Dave,

      Fair enough. I'll do you one better, as my recent $ contributions to RLC, et al, have been rather dormant lately.

      Barry, I've logged into my old LinkedIn account and immediately began running into technical glitches. It keeps giving me an error when trying to upload a photo, and when I tried to create an RLCTX group it keeps giving me an error and claiming I haven't filled out all the required fields even though I have.  It's maddening.

      BTW, there already is a general RLC group as well as groups for several other states.  But until this error goes away I don't see a Texas group happening.

      Let me know if you have any better luck on Facebook.

      Dave
    • Barry Moore
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 17 4:13 PM
        Dave,

        I have no idea what you're running browser-wise,  but I've had boo-koos of problems with IE 9 and pretty much a plethora of websites. I set it back to emulate IE 8, and that seems to solve a whole lot of problems.

        Haven't forgotten about my word, just been solving a few "issues" regarding Pay-Pal. I'll look later tomight to see if the IE "downgrade" solves the problem on LinkedIn. Then onto the national RLC site, then on to FaceBook...blahblahblah.

        Regards,

        Barry

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 18 2:41 PM
          On 9/17/11 6:13 PM, Barry Moore wrote:
          Dave,

          I have no idea what you're running browser-wise,  but I've had boo-koos of problems with IE 9 and pretty much a plethora of websites. I set it back to emulate IE 8, and that seems to solve a whole lot of problems.

          I'm not an internet cripple - so I'm not using any version of IE.  I've tried Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome with the same results.

          Haven't forgotten about my word, just been solving a few "issues" regarding Pay-Pal. I'll look later tomight to see if the IE "downgrade" solves the problem on LinkedIn. Then onto the national RLC site, then on to FaceBook...blahblahblah.

          There's a big future for the person who comes up with a site or tool which lets us access all social media from a single page.

          Dave
          .

        • Laura Ebke
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 18 3:51 PM

            RockMelt has eased my social media problems.  Haven’t tried it with LinkedIn, but it interfaces with Facebook, and lets you collect Twitter feeds and associated blog/website feeds all on one side bar.  I’m actually pretty fond of it.

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 18 4:13 PM
              On 9/18/11 5:51 PM, Laura Ebke wrote:

              RockMelt has eased my social media problems.  Haven’t tried it with LinkedIn, but it interfaces with Facebook, and lets you collect Twitter feeds and associated blog/website feeds all on one side bar.  I’m actually pretty fond of it.

              I'll check it out.  Thanks.

              Dave
              __

            • Barry Moore
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 19 12:35 PM
                Dave,

                By NO means was I referring to you as an internet "cripple"...just letting you know from some "School of Hard Knocks" experience. My apologies if this was inferred.

                --- Barry

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 19 10:25 PM
                  On 9/19/11 2:35 PM, Barry Moore wrote:
                  Dave,

                  By NO means was I referring to you as an internet "cripple"...just letting you know from some "School of Hard Knocks" experience. My apologies if this was inferred.

                  Actually, I was poking fun at you for thinking that someone would use IE to actually browse the web.

                  Dave
                  .