Re: [RLC-Action] Endorsements

  • Douglas Harrison
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 30, 2011
      Would I be out of line to ask who Ron Paul would endorse to run for his vacated seat? Seems to me that if Paul were to support a particular candidate, then that candidate should get all of Paul's former constituents to vote for said candidate. Is that too simple?

      On Aug 30, 2011, at 2:25 PM, Dave Nalle wrote:

      I've been following this race too.  I think the main concern here is to stop Truncale.  He seems to have a lot of money and he's connected with the worst elements of the Texas GOP.  But it's likely that he and Gay will to some degree split the vote of the blue hairs, leaving an opening for a liberty-oriented candidate.  I think Faulk and Stockman both have some liberty issue positions.  Faulk worked on Paul's past campaigns and has a fairly pro-liberty message.  Stockman has stronger liberty credentials, but there are some issues from his past and he seems pretty slow getting his campaign rolling.

      We would want the most Ron Paul like candidate running to win, but from what I hear Paul is not going to endorse anyone in the race.  I'm not sure why.

      Dave

      On 8/30/11 1:08 PM, michael franks wrote:

      I'm trying to stay on top of Ron Paul's CD14 down here.   So far there are numerous candidates poping up wanting to run and many "opportunist" who cant get elected elsewhere who want to "carpet bag" into CD14 and try their chances there.

      One guy running, Truncale, was already planning to run against Ron. He did a fundraiser for Perry at his house in Beaumont last month. He will be the main "establishment" candidate.
      State Rep Randy Weber wants to run. Randy does NOT live in CD14 but lives in CD22. His current house district overlaps almost ZERO of CD14, other than 2 small rural pcts that has more cows than voters.
      John Faulk says he is running. Faulk lives around by the Astrdome in Houston, not in CD14. He is the guy who has run twice in a row against Shelia Jackson-Lee in which she beat him 70% - 27% last time.
      John Gay is running, he is one of the guys who ran against Ron in 2010 in the primary.
      I have heard one of the Clear Lake Tea Pary founders, Robert Gonzales might want to run.
      Some other guy Tim Day just poped up to run. Have no idea who he is.
      Have heard the former Pasadena Mayor, John Manlove might run, or he might run in CD36. Manlove ran in CD22 and didn't make the runoff a couple years ago. He lives in the new CD36, but also has a house and is active in Gavlston co civic affairs too.
      Then former Congressman Steve Stockman is putting together a run.   About 80% of the new CD14 was his old CD9 in the 90's   Stockman has been on the RLC advisory board list for years.
      There are other rumors of people going to run, but no one poping up yet.

      Personally, I will get behind and back Stockman.

      __

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 31, 2011
        On 8/30/11 3:41 PM, Douglas Harrison wrote:

        Would I be out of line to ask who Ron Paul would endorse to run for his vacated seat? Seems to me that if Paul were to support a particular candidate, then that candidate should get all of Paul's former constituents to vote for said candidate. Is that too simple?

        I wish it were that simple, but my sources tell me that Paul currently doesn't want to endorse anyone.

        Dave
        .

      • michael franks
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2011
          I was down in Clute a couple weeks ago.  The family and such didn't seem to be even talking about Ron's Congressional seat. All focus was on his Presidential.  So I'm sure not something Ron would be thinking about right now.

          Next year when it gets closer to the Texas primary, then maybe.   (just my own thoughts, but who knows?)   They really are 100% focused on Presidential.

          I wouldn't see Ron getting bogged down with things like that at this point.   Too early anyway as no one knows who all will even run for it yet?

          To: RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com