Gary Johnson Picking Up Steam, Still Being Excluded from Debates

  • Bob Sweeney
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2011
      The good news: Governor Gary Johnson is picking up steam in the polls. According to the most recent CNN survey, Gov. Johnson is at 2% nationally (see http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/08/29/130.poll.pdf), ahead of Jon Huntsman and Rick Santorum -- even with Herman Cain (comment at Gov. Johnson's Facebook page, with over 130,000 members, at http://www.facebook.com/govgaryjohnson).

      This is a very positive trend for the campaign.  Despite being ignored by the media and being excluded from two of three debates, Governor Johnson and his liberty-loving supporters are not going down without a fight.

      Now, the bad news: Governor Johnson is being excluded from upcoming GOP debates.

      We request your help. Please take a few minutes to send an e-mail or call these news outlets (or both):

      1. CNN and Tea Party Express (Sept. 12 Florida Debate)
      • CNN: phone (404) 878-2276, Submit Story Idea: http://www.cnn.com/feedback/show/?s=storyidea
      . Submit CNN Comments: http://www.cnn.com/feedback/show/?s=generalcomments&hdln=4
      • Tea Party Express: phone (916) 441-3734, E-mail: info@..., srusso@...
      . and jwierzbicki@...

      2. FOX News and Florida GOP (Sept. 22 Florida Debate)
      • FOX News: phone 212-301-3186 E-mail: brian.lewis@..., kathy.ardleigh@...
      • Florida GOP: phone 850-222-7920, contact form at http://rpof.org/contact/
      . Contact RNC Co-Chair Sharon Day and RPF Vice-Chair Lenny Curry (RLC friendlies)

      3. NBC News, Politico, and Reagan Library (Sept. 7 California Debate)
      • NBC: phone (212) 664-3720, E-mail: nightly@...
      • Politico: phone 703-647-7999; E-mail: newsrelease@...
      . Beth Lester, Events VP: http://www.politico.com/staffmembers/BethLester.html
      • Reagan Library: phone 805-522-2977, E-mails: reagan.library@..., info@...

      Here's a sample letter with what you can say:

      Dear Tea Party Express,

      Gov. Gary Johnson is being excluded from your debate on [x day] in [x city].  A former two-term Governor of a Democrat state automatically should gain inclusion.  Even so, Gov. Johnson is polling higher than Jon Huntsman and Newt Gingrich in the latest CNN research poll (http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/08/29/130.poll.pdf). A recent poll from Rupe-Reason shows that 24% of Americans identify as socially tolerant and fiscally conservative (http://reason.com/blog/2011/08/29/reason-rupe-poll-finds-24-of-a), in line with Governor Gary Johnson's platform.

      He has been excluded from two debates already, but was included in the first GOP debate.  The result of including Gov. Johnson will include MORE people watching the debate and allowing Americans to hear his plans for the future.  The media should not decide what we as voters are exposed to.  We can make our own determination.

      Unless you change your criteria, I will not be tuning in to your debate.  It's as simple as contacting Gov. Johnson's campaign (www.GaryJohnson2012.com) and saying, "Gary, you're in!"

      Thank you,

      [Your Name]
      [Your Contact Information]
      [Your Affiliation (optional)]

      There is a grassroots Gary Johnson 2012 fan page at http://www.facebook.com/GovJohnson2012 on Facebook where you can keep up with Gov. Johnson. He's also on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/GovGaryJohnson and #GJ2012.

      Learn more about the campaign at www.GaryJohnson2012.com.  Thanks for your commitment to liberty!