Petition to let Gary Johnson debate

  • libertarian17
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 10 6:30 AM
      Gary Johnson is being excluded from another debate, tomorrow in Iowa.

      Here is a petition to Fox News to let Gary debate. Please sign it and forward it to a few friends.

      http://www.change.org/petitions/fox-news-let-gary-johnson-debate

      Please donate to the campaign at www.GaryJohnson2012.com so he can spread the liberty message.
    • michael franks
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 10 8:44 AM
        Has the RLC made a decision of who they are backing for Prez or not?    Ron or Gary?

        To: RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 10 8:47 AM
          Why do people continue to insist that it must be one or the other?  The RLC's bylaws don't demand a singular choice, so I see no reason they couldn't back BOTH candidates.  Both are a good choice, and there is no reason to discount the other in any way.

          I'm surprised again that people in the "liberty movement" keep wanting to take away a choice on such an important issue...

          To: RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 10 9:16 AM
            It's called campaign 101.   You get behind the person you want to see win. You run a text book campaign and work and run the race to win.   You don't "dilute" your base vote or efforts, nor get your focus off of pushing your candidate and achieving victory in the election by getting distracted.

            If someones choice and candidate is Gary, then fine, back him and run a race to win.

            To: RLC-Action@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 10 9:27 AM
              Fine, let individuals choose who they're going to put their efforts behind.

              Frankly, I'm just sick of the idea that everyone must be forced to draw a line in the sand of Paul or Johnson, which has led to too many Paul supporters demanding everyone support Paul as "the candidate most likely to win."  It's like the "liberty movement" of 2011 is the establishment of 2007.

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 10 9:45 AM
                On Wednesday, August 10, 2011 09:16:33 AM michael franks wrote:
                > You get behind the person you want to see win

                We are not an organization dedicated to particular persons, we are an
                organization dedicated to ideas.

                --
                David Johnson

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 10 11:24 AM
                    On 8/10/11 11:16 AM, michael franks wrote:

                    It's called campaign 101.   You get behind the person you want to see win. You run a text book campaign and work and run the race to win.   You don't "dilute" your base vote or efforts, nor get your focus off of pushing your candidate and achieving victory in the election by getting distracted.

                    It's just way too early to commit to anyone.  We throw away political capital by being too early and too easy.  No one who matters cares who we endorse until we get closer to an actual primary.

                    Dave
                    .