RLCCA Convention Report

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2009
      From: deaconheath@...
      Sent: 9/30/2009 8:26:06 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time

      Elephant torch

           The Republican Liberty Caucus of
                            California

      A United Liberty Movement!

      The Republican Liberty Caucus of California successfully held our 2nd Convention Meeting of 2009 in conjunction with the California Republican Party Convention.  The CRP Convention was held the weekend of September 25-27, which provided the RLC CA with a unique opportunity to hold a Convention Meeting and build relationships with fellow California Republicans.

      The RLC CA Convention Meeting took place on Saturday, September 26th.  With several new faces and our growing leadership, comradery and activism filled the room.   During the meeting, new bylaw revisions were passed, unanimously.

      All weekend long, we offered an exhibitor booth along side other volunteer organizations and candidates running for state office.  The World's Smallest Political Quiz was again administered at our table, with the results, as expected, placing the majority of fellow California Republican quiz takers in the libertarian quadrant.   New to this years convention was the RLC CA Voter Recommendation Guide. The guide focus was on two proposed state party rules and a resolution.  There was no action taken by CRP Delegates on the rules, but the resolution passed!

      The California Republican Party voted nearly unanimously in support of HR 1207 and S. 604, The Federal Reserve Transparency and Sunshine Acts.  The resolution was sponsored by the Alameda County and Sonoma County GOPs, and co sponsored by the Republican Liberty Caucus of California, Congressman Tom McClintock, US Senate Candidate Chuck DeVore, as well as a number of CRP Delegates.

      The California Republican Party supporting an audit of the Federal Reserve was a shining moment for the RLC CA and the Liberty Movement.  Us Senate Candidate Chuck DeVore, a tremendous supporter of auditing the fed, spoke on behalf of the resolution during the resolution committee meeting.   Immediately after Chuck DeVore spoke, the Resolution Committee voted unanimously to send the resolution to the floor of the convention.  Thanks Chuck!

      All weekend long, members of the Republican Liberty Caucus could be seen at our exhibitor booth, CRP committee meetings, County Chairman and Treasurer meetings, CRP Convention floor and many other party functions and meetings.  We certainly made sure the Liberty Movement was active throughout the weekend.  And it paid off with our co sponsored resolution passing overwhelmingly.

      In conclusion, the Republican Liberty Caucus of California would like to thank all our members and volunteers who showed up to the convention.  We could not have done it without your dedication.  We would also like to thank the California Republican Party for holding the convention and so overwhelmingly supporting the resolution.; and US Senate Candidate Chuck DeVore for his support.  Thanks!

      2010 elections are right around the corner; and the RLC CA is ready to get Republicans elected!

      About the RLC-CA

      The Republican Liberty Caucus of California works to advance the ideals of individual rights, limited government, and free enterprise within the State of California and the Republican Party. We support candidates and policies that uphold these principles in order to secure a free and prosperous future for ourselves and our children.

      Dues are $30/year.  Click
      here to become a dues paying RLC CA member today!

       http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102732922749&s=12&e=001OavyH0gQH0iqaQKH5QwhSHnuG6F9WoTjffXEKj-VbzxFcVM-Vw8iKwotM0MrzV9sCtuDsChFPwPDmmIKFsJ5TJH2NnRjMs8mqdNVwrQWj-A=                                                   http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102732922749&s=12&e=001OavyH0gQH0jjQw51J9fbzVBB32uVrKM1Z-wTnSbHbICFjq1kVJRG-LezHh8F1UGA0Ta6ntCY2eYBDVQ3PN7ppPkUbR-zXm6aeA2aARhrtx7_wsCEE6fHwBN5GVRuP_n65qhCFyzMli10GnFzvyfM9hxbcPqdd19LspzyNA1rJic=     http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102732922749&s=12&e=001OavyH0gQH0ga9ZbbUVagxlGMnXZTftRcQ1VCc8VwQqc1uYT8SQRb6uBv7bFMH_8k0r5pPzEkmxf9j_4UUtg5z4BcGBUSFjTTkcytAVlQH2RL8Gcz6O2OFI-VbQlCVvMVE88A5M5jhow=

      Join the RLCCA facebook group, yahoo e-mail list, or a meetup group by clicking on the icons!
      http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?v=001JhAH0M7VcWfeqVcM5qnQ23dHp03xjnAp-IAVkUusEEVIhjKuytnpBQ==&p=un
      This email was sent to westmiller@... by deaconheath@....
      http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=news06
      Republican Liberty Caucus of California | 450 South Catalina Ave #203 | Pasadena | CA | 91106