Re: [RLC-Action] Peter Schiff for Senate

  • Steven Redlich
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 22, 2009
      On Wed, July 22, 2009 1:51 pm, westmiller@... wrote:
      > Posted by: "Mark"
      >> ... who is really honest, supports limited government, and understands
      > the economy.
      >
      > I like Shiff and have no doubt about his commitment to free market
      > principles, but economic sanity isn't a sufficient platform for me to
      > decide to
      > support a candidate for office. If elected, he'll be voting on hundreds of
      > other issues that concern me. I can't find any information on his website
      > indicate that he understands the ideals of individual rights or limited
      > government. Without knowing that, I would probably vote for him (if I
      > could),
      > but anything beyond that requires a lot more information.

      I think his video's are a great source of information. Here's one
      detailing his position on minimum wage laws. while still related to
      economics, it says a lot regarding his views on individual rights and
      limited government.

      http://bit.ly/FOVUQ

      He has another one regarding his father Irwin Schiff who is in prison
      after not winning his court battles with the IRS.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiMz43zdE8k

      His books may also offer some insight.

      Hopefully, we will see the level of financial support for his campaign
      that he desires and start a genuine campaign instead of an exploratory.
      His campaign web site would then have more information about other issues.

      Thanks,
      Steve