Peter Schiff for Senate

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 22, 2009
      Posted by: "Mark"
      > ... who is really honest, supports limited government, and understands
      the economy.

      I like Shiff and have no doubt about his commitment to free market
      principles, but economic sanity isn't a sufficient platform for me to decide to
      support a candidate for office. If elected, he'll be voting on hundreds of
      other issues that concern me. I can't find any information on his website to
      indicate that he understands the ideals of individual rights or limited
      government. Without knowing that, I would probably vote for him (if I could),
      but anything beyond that requires a lot more information.

      Bill

      **************Dell Deals: Treat yourself to a sweet deal on popular
      laptops!
      (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1223096155x1201715982/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Faltfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F12309%2D81939%2D1629%2D6)
    • Steven Redlich
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 22, 2009
        On Wed, July 22, 2009 1:51 pm, westmiller@... wrote:
        > Posted by: "Mark"
        >> ... who is really honest, supports limited government, and understands
        > the economy.
        >
        > I like Shiff and have no doubt about his commitment to free market
        > principles, but economic sanity isn't a sufficient platform for me to
        > decide to
        > support a candidate for office. If elected, he'll be voting on hundreds of
        > other issues that concern me. I can't find any information on his website
        > indicate that he understands the ideals of individual rights or limited
        > government. Without knowing that, I would probably vote for him (if I
        > could),
        > but anything beyond that requires a lot more information.

        I think his video's are a great source of information. Here's one
        detailing his position on minimum wage laws. while still related to
        economics, it says a lot regarding his views on individual rights and
        limited government.

        http://bit.ly/FOVUQ

        He has another one regarding his father Irwin Schiff who is in prison
        after not winning his court battles with the IRS.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiMz43zdE8k

        His books may also offer some insight.

        Hopefully, we will see the level of financial support for his campaign
        that he desires and start a genuine campaign instead of an exploratory.
        His campaign web site would then have more information about other issues.

        Thanks,
        Steve