Peter Schiff for Senate

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 20, 2009
      My fellow RLC members,

      Some of you may have heard of Peter Schiff, some of you may not. He's the president of EuroPacific Capital. He wrote a book in 2006, entitled "Crash Proof: How to Profit from the Coming Economic Collapse". He's one of only a few economists who got it right. He's a champion of free markets and fiscal restraint in Washington. He has started an exploratory committee for a possible Senate run in Connecticut against Chris Dodd.

      Getting Schiff elected would be a triple victory for small government conservatism. First, by winning the Republican primary, it would prove that the limited government wing of the Republican party has what it takes to beat the big government wing. Second, it would prove that we can get a candidate elected to the highest legislative body in the land. Third, it would remove from office Chris Dodd, one of the primary architects of big government economic interventionism.

      Schiff publishes video blogs almost daily. You can view them here:
      http://www.youtube.com/user/PeterSchiffVideos

      Peter needs supporters who are willing to donate to his campaign. He is currently accepting donations to this exploratory committee. If he doesn't get enough donors to mount a successful campaign and beat Dodd, he will return your donations to you.

      We've all been saying forever that we want a politician who is really honest, supports limited government, and understands the economy. Peter Schiff is that guy. He's not going to be like any other senator in Washington. He needs our support, and it's time for us to step up and show him that we're not just keyboard jockeys, that we're willing to stand up and take action when it's necessary.

      Thanks,
      -Mark
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 22, 2009
        Posted by: "Mark"
        > ... who is really honest, supports limited government, and understands
        the economy.

        I like Shiff and have no doubt about his commitment to free market
        principles, but economic sanity isn't a sufficient platform for me to decide to
        support a candidate for office. If elected, he'll be voting on hundreds of
        other issues that concern me. I can't find any information on his website to
        indicate that he understands the ideals of individual rights or limited
        government. Without knowing that, I would probably vote for him (if I could),
        but anything beyond that requires a lot more information.

        Bill

        **************Dell Deals: Treat yourself to a sweet deal on popular
        laptops!
        (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1223096155x1201715982/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Faltfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F12309%2D81939%2D1629%2D6)
      • Steven Redlich
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 22, 2009
          On Wed, July 22, 2009 1:51 pm, westmiller@... wrote:
          > Posted by: "Mark"
          >> ... who is really honest, supports limited government, and understands
          > the economy.
          >
          > I like Shiff and have no doubt about his commitment to free market
          > principles, but economic sanity isn't a sufficient platform for me to
          > decide to
          > support a candidate for office. If elected, he'll be voting on hundreds of
          > other issues that concern me. I can't find any information on his website
          > indicate that he understands the ideals of individual rights or limited
          > government. Without knowing that, I would probably vote for him (if I
          > could),
          > but anything beyond that requires a lot more information.

          I think his video's are a great source of information. Here's one
          detailing his position on minimum wage laws. while still related to
          economics, it says a lot regarding his views on individual rights and
          limited government.

          http://bit.ly/FOVUQ

          He has another one regarding his father Irwin Schiff who is in prison
          after not winning his court battles with the IRS.

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiMz43zdE8k

          His books may also offer some insight.

          Hopefully, we will see the level of financial support for his campaign
          that he desires and start a genuine campaign instead of an exploratory.
          His campaign web site would then have more information about other issues.

          Thanks,
          Steve