Future RLC Endorsement of Rand Paul??

    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2009
      Assuming the National Board will eventually be considering the possibility
      of endorsing Rand Paul for the U.S. Senate, I thought officers and members
      would find the following interview with Rand informative:

      Scott Horton Interviews Rand Paul
      AntiWar.com - May 17th, 2009

      Rand Paul, son of Rep. Ron Paul and 2010 Senatorial candidate, discusses
      the war in Afghanistan, reducing corruption by making lobbying and bidding
      on government contracts mutually exclusive, the excess federal authority
      derived from the commerce clause, prosecutions of Bush administration officials
      for war crimes and the need for withdrawal from Iraq.
      http://antiwar.com/radio/2009/05/17/rand-paul/

      Aside from some interesting inconsistencies with his father, Rand's
      biggest impediment is just establishing himself as a credible candidate of *any*
      office (having run for nothing). That may be mitigated by the possibility
      of his father transferring residual funds from his Presidential campaign
      coffers to Rand's campaign.

      Bill

      **************Recession-proof vacation ideas. Find free things to do in
      the U.S.