Re: [RLC-Action] USA Today poll re: 2nd Amendment

  • John Orlando
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 6, 2009

      Doug,

      On the bright side, these polls do act as a persuasive tool for our legislatures who lack the backbone to defend the Constitution, as they swore to do.

      As you say, it's a problem when our backbone-challenged legislatures loose their Constitutional compass and are swayed by what-ever direction the winds of popular opinion are blowing.  And it is in such times that we need their seriously atrophied backbones to be strong.

      John Orlando
      RLCMD

    • Thomas Willenbring
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 6, 2009
        Bad Link

        On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 7:27 PM, <jap1@...> wrote:

        Quick and easy…

        http://www.usatoday.com/news/quickquestion/2007/november/popup5895.htm

        Jeff Palmer - jap1@...

        Subject: USA Today poll re: 2nd Amendment

        Please forward this on to all of your pro hunting and firearm friends. We need to send a message.

        Totally painless! It only took me 2 seconds.

        Please vote on this gun issue question with USA Today. It will only take a few seconds of your time. Then pass the link on to all the pro gun folks you know. Hopefully these results will be published later this month.

        First - vote on this one.

        Second - launch it to other folks and have THEM vote - then we will see if the results get published.

        Vote in the USA Today poll - click on the link below.

        The Question is: Does the Second Amendment give individuals the right to bear arms?

        Vote here:

        http://www.usatoday.com/news/quickquestion/2007/november/popup5895.htm

        --
        The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. ≈Ayn Rand

        "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." --James Madison

      • Vivian Cancio
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 6, 2009
          This poll seems to be an old one (November 2007) if you go by the path in the link ... I tried to find it through the main USA Today Web site and couldn't find it.
          V.C.