2nd Amendment

  • John Conway
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2009
          You're living amongst the Lions in Africa.  One day a government agent shows up to collect your spears to make a kinder gentler village for you.  Hint, the Lions sent them.

      Percussion caps won't be sold after July 1st.
      DOD won't sell used brass to the public right now.
      At least 47 assault rifles are on the list to be permanently banned.

      Please feel free to pass these along, people need to get the mindset.  We haven't been free for some time now, and we have had tyranny over the mind of man for far too long.

      .  Here is what Benjamin Franklin had to say to us on the subject of ignorance:

      “A Nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights that God has given them cannot be enslaved.  It is in the region of ignorance that Tyranny begins.”

          We wrote our "rights" down for all the world to see.  These are not suggestions.  These are not up for interpretation or discussion.  These belong to the people of earth, not just this new experiment we called our republic.  Granted, we didn't pay enough attention to the new experiment in self rule to keep it from going south on us.  Don't forget that the failure didn't affect our rights.  Our rights are permanent and not subject to the transient governments we erect from time to time to handle our affairs.

          As far as governments go, we need to get much more sophisticated.  They all seem to go the way of tyranny sooner or later.  None of this can curtail our right to live as free citizens.

          Much talk has been bantered about about the second Amendment.  Right now, there is talk about assault weapons bans and ammunition registration.  By whom?  The second Amendment is one of our rights!  It, like all the other Rights,  wasn't granted to us by a government.  It isn't to be defined by any entity but our creator and ourselves.  It is outside of any authority anywhere.  The second Amendment is not about hunting.  The second Amendment isn't just about defending your home from bandits.  The second Amendment is about having weapons to defend the other rights.

          Just think about it, we had to write our rights down in the first place--why?  Because governments do not respect the rights of the individual.  Governments always, 100% of the time, become enemies of the people they serve.  We wrote them down, therefore who's duty is it to defend them?  How are you going to defend them against an overwhelming armed government if we don't reserve the right to have weapons to do just that?

          How do we defend our rights?  First you understand that they aren't privileges or suggestions.  Second, you know and understand them.  Third you understand that when any one or anything tries to curtail one that it is an attack on your very freedom itself.  Fourth, you let everyone know that for these you will fight.  Fifth, let everyone know this in no uncertain terms, loudly!  An attack on our ability to defend our rights is an act of war on the people.

          At the moment our ability to defend our rights is under attack by the tyrants within.  These transients occupying the seat of our government need to know that we will not tolerate an invasion like this.  They need to hear from us.  They should know that we view this as a right out in the open military assault on the citizens of this republic by our own government.

          They need to understand that we are watching them and any and all that vote against the right that secures all the other rights will be designated as enemies of the people and summarily dealt with accordingly.  We will work to drive them out of office next election.

      "No free man shall ever be de-barred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

      Citizen Conway