Re: [FreedomLounge] HF 1388 and follow up : H.RES.250:

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2009
      Is it just me, or does anyone else find it frustrating to use THOMAS for
      reading bills before Congress? I hate that darned thing. Bills are
      chopped up into segments, and when you go to a segment to read it, you
      "time out" before you can go to some other segment to follow through in
      a search. Then you have to resubmit your original search and start
      searching through the twisted maze all over again. Why can't they
      publish an entire bill as a single electronic file, so a person can
      access it in one sitting and read it through?

      I've been trying to understand the National Servitude bill in layman's
      terms, and wading through all the disconnected phrases, coupled with all
      the time outs, leaves me totally in the dark about what HF 1388 actually
      means. Is there a better place to go than THOMAS to find bills? Of
      particular interest would be plain language summaries that explain what
      the bill intends to do to us (note, I said "to us," not "for us").

      It's hard to come up with action plans when you don't have a working
      knowledge of the legislation.

      Doug Harrison
      New Hope

      --- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! -- http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---