Fw: [RLC-Action] Re: Bill of Rights

  • John Conway
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 19, 2009

      It just hit me that I don't want any part of any group that would have this, whatever he is, as a member.  Good luck to you all, but I am done with the RLCFL and the RLC.

      John Conway.
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 19, 2009
        > It just hit me that I don't want any part of any group that would have
        > this, whatever he is, as a member. Good luck to you all, but I am done
        > with the RLCFL and the RLC.

        I'm sorry for you take such great offense at differences of opinion.
      • Chris Edes
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 19, 2009
          I think what Bill is saying is not that pro-freedom discussions aren't good things, but that discussions belong on the RLC-Discuss list, hence the name, not on the RLC-Action list, which is for action items.  "End the deception" is not an action item, it's a long term goal.

          Chris

          It just hit me that I don't want any part of any group that would have this, whatever he is, as a member.  Good luck to you all, but I am done with the RLCFL and the RLC.

          John Conway.
          > Our revisionist historians ALWAYS leave this off the Constitution! !!

              I don't get the point (every proposed amendment has a preamble, which is not the text to be added or amended), but this kind of commentary doesn't belong on RLC-Action in any case.

          Bill
        • Sarah Lovett
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 19, 2009
            John,

            I am sure Bill meant no offense. I guess I could see where this information leads to an arguement for "originalism" or justice and governance as meant by those that had escaped tyranny. I know we have very few judges that rule based on this philosophy. I think many get confused and think the constitution written by men would be imperfect and are complicated, complex lives need more governance. But usually it is not.  Let's not get hasty, we need ideas and input from everyone, and for convience we have set up different forums. So what can the RLC poosibly do to help
            Not only preserve the constitution but ensure originalism Is restored the standard not the exception!   If u are going to quit, might as well come to Jax at the Convention, at
            Sarah
            Sent from my iPhone

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 20, 2009
              The simplest explanation for Bill's post was that RLC-Action is not for
              discussing political philosophy but -- TA DAAAA! -- for discussing
              action items. There is a forum (which I left some time ago because of
              the "angels and pinheads" discussions) called RLC-Discuss (or some
              such). That's where the Bill of Rights discussion should be taken.
              RLC-Action is not for discussing pinheads.

              --- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! -- http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 20, 2009
                Did I read this right? He's quitting because Bill told him he'd
                posted his endless screed to the wrong list? I thought Conway was
                made of sterner stuff than that.